I’m live tweeting from a talk by toy and product designer Barry Kudrowitz
- Children and comedians the most creative… should they help plan and design urban places?
- More play = creative thinking. Humour = creativity. Can comedians make urban engineers more creative?
- Tigers are great because they make soufflé. Association map! Non-obvious ideas = creative urban solutions
- Printing press – wine press = coin press. Are cross products the future of cities?
- Engineers have 2.6 times more ideas after playing games. Uninhibited thinking = new urban solutions
- Playful products can be more effective products. Should cities, streets and urban transport be more fun?
- Silly ideas can be stepping stones. Should urban planners and civil engineers think of the worst ideas first?